Luxury, but not everything is luxurious

Brinkly touts itself as Luxury.
And my new 3950 is awesome and comfortable and i wont give it up.
But there are a few picky things that are not luxurious at all.

The 3 GE air-conditioners are loud and i dont understand the ducting. I planned on running thenmain and garage units at night to cool the bedroo but the 3 areas are not connected.

The water pump is loud and volted upside down in the roof of the area which is the floor of the bathroom.

The furnace has a loud whistle when the blower is running.

The generator vibrates the whole trailer. It is not crazy loud but you feel it everywhere.

Not all the drawers and doors are soft close.

Just food formthought.

The water pump and be moved and mounted on anti vibration pads
I am sure i can mount the generator on anti vibration mounts

1 Like

[quote=“Capt-Kirk, post:1, topic:703, full:true”]
The 3 GE air-conditioners are loud and i dont understand the ducting. I planned on running thenmain and garage units at night to cool the bedroo but the 3 areas are not connected.
[/quotes]

So I guess they don’t have “racetrack” ducting. There’s advantage of that - you can control more specifically where you directing the flow but obviously there’s disadvantage as you pointed out.

The water pump is loud and volted upside down in the roof of the area which is the floor of the bathroom.
[/quotes]

That pump is the first thing I would replace. As far as I saw it, they install SEAFLO cheap water pump. If you are serious about water pressure and reliability I would change that immediately.

The furnace has a loud whistle when the blower is running.
[/quotes]

That might be easy fix once the sound is isolated.

The generator vibrates the whole trailer. It is not crazy loud but you feel it everywhere.
[/quotes]

That’s really bad experience.

Thank you for this feedback though.

• ngm

What water pump do you suggest?
I recon as soon as i mive it and mount it on rubber / cork isolators it will be tons quieter.

The generator isnt bad , i just notice it , its a distraction that should not exist.

I have been in motorhomes and old 5th wheels that have the generator and ac mounted so well you dont even know they are on.

I would suggest a Remco 55-Aquajet. We had one in our 17 YO Mountain Aire that was OEM. I carried a spare the last couple years but never had to use it. I have it stored in the Brinkley and will use it when needed.

I barely notice our Generator. The Onan in my previous Momentum however would give you a message when seated on the couch.
The Brinkley cools down much cooler and easier to control than my previous racetrack ducting. Having two on with the racetrack always fought against each other and never really worked as advertised IMO.
I put an RV Airflow combined with the Waco RV A/C Silencer in the bedroom. Both work as advertised IMO. The RV airflow benefits from a bit of work to properly tape the AC cavity as well as the vents (so air doesn’t go between ceiling and duct).

This weekend will be our test for the AC. 105degrees.

My wife made fun of me for the generator vibration.

" well did you need to go outside and plug the RV in to the tree and pull the rope out it’s butt?"

I always placed our portable generator behind a tree.

I am gonna look in to the silencer. Thanks for the tip.